HCEC Assessment Required Documents

If you are at risk of losing your home or apartment you may qualify for financial assistance through Way Finders. We provide free housing assessments to determine eligibility for financial assistance. 

Even if you do not qualify for assistance internally, our dedicated staff will direct you to other community resources that may be able to help.

*At minimum you must have have all income verification in order to be scheduled for an appointment with a Homeless Prevention Counselor

Learn more

Below is a list of required documents you will need to bring to your assessment:

  • Birth Certificate of all household members
  • Social Security Cards of all household members
  • Picture ID for all adults in the household
  • Confirmation if a child is 18-20 and is a full-time student, if applicable
  • All Income Verification*
    • Last 4 pay stubs - Last 2 if bi-weekly
    • Social Security - Not more than 60 days old
    • Department of Transitional Assistance (DTA) cash and food stamps - Not more than 60 days old
    • Child Support payments - Current documentation
    • Pension or Annuity - Current Documentation
    • Casual Labor - Notarized Letter
    • Any other source of income and/or a Notarized Letter stating zero (0) income for anyone in the household 18 and older that is not working
  • You MUST have a documented crisis/emergency
    • Example: Doubled up-homeless letter, summary process, eviction, board of health condemnation order, or failed inspection report.
  • Letter of Lead Compliance from potential landlord if there are children under 6-years of age.