Online First-time Homebuyer Course
Buying a home is a big deal, whether you’re doing it for the first time or getting back into the ever-changing market. When you educate yourself for smart homeownership with Framework, you’ll navigate every step of the process with confidence. The Framework course is affordable too: just $75.
In order to receive your certificate of completion (required for many lender or other homebuyer incentives) you are required to fulfill a one-on-one counseling session with Way Finders in addition to completing the Framework online course. Please contact Way Finders for details on that requirement, including additional fees (if applicable) and scheduling details.register >>
December 7, 2019
Massachusetts Landlord Workshop
This workshop includes an overview of basic residential rental property management in Massachusetts that provides an introduction to the Massachusetts laws that govern the rental relationship. Important for all owners of rental properties, including owners of 2-4 family homes.
Topics covered include:
• proper tenant screening
• relations with tenants
• lead paint laws
• types of tenancies
• State Sanitary Code
• fair housing laws
• the eviction process
• how to deal with drug problems
Trainer: H. John Fisher
Certificates of completion are awarded at the end of the session; this workshop satisfies the course requirement for first-time buyers of multi-family homes.
Registration fee is $119.95 (Non-Refundable & includes Way Finders' Property Management Manual (Valued at 29.95)).register >>
Join our FREE Homeowner 201 workshop for a fun filled day of interactive learning and home care demonstrations from our partnering presenters:
Meet our presenters:
- Donna Cabana, Valley CDC -Providing information regarding home maintanence, repair, and construction.
- To Be Determined, Insurance - Providing insurance and discount information.
- To Be Determined, Lender - Providing home equity and refinance options.
- To Be Determined, Attorneys - Providing information about estate planning.
- Ed Rutlegde, EcoBuilding Bargains - Take a tour of the facility, learn about energy savings, and participate in hands on home maintanance demonstrations.
Our workshop also includes information on:
- Construction rehabilitation loans,
- Seasonal home maintenance and home repair,
- Being green in and around your home,
- And so much more….!
Discounts on insurance and other benefits are available to those who complete a Homeowner 201 workshop. Meets MHP Post-Purchase workshop requirement.
Lunch will be served! Raffles will be held throughout the workshop!
The fee for the workshop is $10 plus processing. The fee will be waived for all MHP One Loan homebuyers. Please call 413-233-1621 if you require a fee waiver.register >>